1. List the name and contact information (address, phone #, e-mail address, etc.) of everyone you can think of; don’t leave anyone out.
2. Contact each person on your list and explain what you’re looking for.
3. Give each person a copy of your resume or qualifications and ask for advice and help.
4. Express your interest and appreciation, but remember to be a good listener.
5. Follow up on any suggestions the person makes.
6. Contact each person in your network regularly to let them know your progress.
7. Let everyone know when you get a job, and remember to show your gratitude for their willingness to help.